Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Trips And Specs

I think it is only right that I give my Irish readership fair warning that
I will be in Cobh in May.
Whoo Hoo!
The reason for the trip is what is known as a CKFC.
A Cousin’s Kid’s First Communion.
(I think the whole thing is awful. Little girls dressed up as ‘brides’ turns my stomach. A Paedophile’s dream.)
It is also known as a weekend of drunken debauchery using the Church’s ceremonies as a valid excuse. It’ll be even better if the Priest Uncle is doing it because we will whip through!
The man enjoys a libation.
County Cork beware, I’m on my way.
G-d Save Ireland!

Sarah’s Law is going to get a trial run. It is based on Megan’s Law in America, where parents have the right to know if paedophiles are living in their area.
Can anybody see this turning out well?
I guarantee at some point the news will show footage of the good people of Paulsgrove marching with their misspelled placards and burning down the Paediatricians office.

At last I have made an appointment to get some new glasses!
They are making me have my eyes tested again though. More money they can blag out of me. Bastards!
I’ve chosen the specs and they are almost exactly the same as the pair that got attached to the kite and lost.
I can’t be doing with too much choice, it gets too confusing.

5 comments:

LentenStuffe said...

Great News!

I hope we can meet. My two boys will be confirmed and communionized(!?) around that time, but Cobh's only a sloitar's throw away, just down the boreen and up to the left by the whiskey oasis!

You're right about that dress madness. Talk about disproportionate gaudiness!!

Apparently the Travelling community here takes this Wholy Communion business very seriously, and they go all out rigging the girls in the most outrageous numbers. They hire limos (retiring the piebalds for the day), and put on the most sumptious and lubricated banquets. One infamous case involved an angelic little one whose dress was outfitted with carnivalesque light bulbs. Well, just as she was about to receive the host didn't the Ma produce the remote and switch on the lights. The whole shitting dress lit up like a christmas tree ... scared the bejaysus outta the padre, and sent the congregation into hysterics, which wasn't the intention. Great craic! An electrified sartorial statement just for Jesus!

Schneewittchen said...

Ooooooh....Cobh is soooo beautiful. Methinks there is a birthday in May too, not that any more reason for a pissup is necessary.

Well, I mean you can't argue with it really, paediatricians do touch children.

Glad to hear the specs are finally being replaced. I do not know how you've managed this long.

Schneewittchen said...

Oh my good God! Lightbulbs. On a dress! Holy smoke. I love that visual tho, of the mum making her light up.

Sleepy said...

Lenten.. I would love to meet up.
The Knacker dress is brilliant!
Had a vision of Alice's wedding dress in an episode of the Vicar of Dibley!

Schnee.. Will be there a week after the birthday!
It's an odd numbered one this year, so I won't be bothering to much!

Sassygril said...

Lentenstuffe, that is one of the funniest stories I have heard. I hope that a scriptwriter reads it and translates it into celluloid because it is genius. My hairdresser Billy, who is a good laugh, almost reduced me to the same state of tears concerning stories of brides coming in for their hair-dos. It was his descriptions of the traps and ponies coming to take the bridge to church from the council estate in the Wecock that did for me.

Great stuff.