Friday, April 17, 2009

Dublin And The Nipper

Dublin was, as ever, epic!
It’s taken me a couple of days to get my shit back together.
Thank you to all the cousins for making everything just so fecking brilliant.

Check out this photo..
This is Naoise (Nee-sha) and me.
Those of you who know me well, know I DO NOT do children.
Ironically, I’m ‘Catnip’ to children this size for some reason.
In the same way that cats always go to the people who hate cats!
Not long after this photo was taken, she had me under the table inspecting the shoes of all those assembled.
She's a little Cracker. One of those kids who has got a bit of spirit but isn't badly behaved.
(Schnee's Grandkids are the same)
A credit to her parents and she made my trip.

Thankfully, of all the things she heard me say that day, the only one that stuck with her was, “Come on big boy!”
Phew!

4 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

You see....I reckon you would actually think of getting under the table to inspect everyone's shoes without it ever being suggested by a nipper. (And probably comment on the lack of shoe polish!) I think you can see where I'm going with this.

Sassygril said...

I'm with Schnee...

Good to see that you are back. I sort of got the message when I eventually found your text last night about the City game. I'm in all day so when you emerge, lets go for a celebratory coffee on the Rue Albert.

Sleepy said...

Schnee.. Indeed! hahaha!

Some Chilean Woman said...

That little girl and my daughter would get along, that cheeky smile just tells me so.