Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Station!

My day in one photo. Your Turn!

As Passover started this evening I went and did The Stations of The Cross this afternoon, stoned out of my tiny mind!
The lady who ALWAYS asks if I’m new to the Parish asked me if, I was new to the Parish.
‘No. I’ve had a haircut.’ I replied.
This seem to satisfy and confuse her all in one go, as she tried to imagine me with longer hair and still not know who I was.
You have to wonder how wise it is to have someone with obvious dementia in charge of welcoming newcomers.
The Nun leading it had English as a second language; there was a war going on between those who prefer Thy and Thou and those sticking to You and Your, and an Indian family whose children had all had some kind of Tartrazine infusion before they came.
To much horror and my utter amusement, one of the boys managed to strip a statue of its purple sheet and clothe himself in it.
Cracking!

It's not until I see Annie, I remember how fecking gorgeous she was and still is!

NO! Fuck off! Stop ‘helping’ us!

2 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

I imagine the welcoming lady with that Melissa Etheridge song going through her head, 'she has similar features, but longer hair,'

I'll fight you over Tony though, the Catholic church does need to get its act together, and it's important that those inside it work towards that - I'd be made up if he started riding Pope Nazi over the feminist issues that need addressing.

Sleepy said...

No mate.
We're going to have to agree to differ over Tony.
If you can stomach it, check out Damian Thompson and his blog at the Telegraph.
The comments are,um, enlightening.