Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sunshiney Day

Today was another gorgeous day so I spent most of my time in the garden.

“Pot Head” is sporting a shorter ‘do’ this year!
Some sort of Cress.
I’m going to try him with some of that curly lettuce and see if I can get an Afro going.
The Radishes are popping through, as are the tomato seeds planted to replace the crop the fucking slugs decimated.
Bastards.

I'm really pleased with how the Fig is coming along, especially as 2 years ago it was a dead stick!

Kenneth, ungrateful feline number one, spent his time 'stalking' me.






7 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Oh, I love the pothead. And the one in the garden. And Kenneth the Ungrateful. And figs, mmmm....

Some Chilean Woman said...

If you can grow a fro on Pot Head it will seriously look like Michael Jackson...

Sleepy said...

Schnee.. Not sure how many years it takes until they fruit.
I better still be alive!

Richard.. Female dog pee is something else!
The Grandfather used to follow the Aunts dog around the garden with a bucket of water.
There were still brown patches all over the lawn.

SCW.. I have the seeds ready to go!
Might go with Lollo Rosso and make him a redhead.

Schneewittchen said...

Lollo Rosso is an excellent choice! Now I must go and look for seeds myself (can't seem to buy it as a lettuce here except as part of a mixture).

I love that Richard's dog is called Little Mouse. I feel that Kenneth should be renamed, Hamster maybe, or Guinea Fowl.
How's the frog doing? We're really low on frogs this year at work, I think the heron has been feasting on them.

Sleepy said...

Schnee... There is at least one frog in the pond with the millions of tadpoles!
I haven't seen the toad and think that he has wandered back to Sassy's.

Sassygril said...

No sign of the frogs or toads just yet but I am sure that they will come. Going to Homebase for paint. Bandit country. Stiffening upper lip and all other body parts to endure the experience...If you fancy lunch at Carole's Cafe let me know.

Sassygril said...

BTW, I adore the photo of Kenneth the ungrateful freeloader. I love this animal and cannot understand why you never made any cash out of him being a doppleganger for Felix.