Sunday, April 19, 2009

Visiting And Vibing

Ex Housemate Mikey is home for a few days!
It’s brilliant having him in the house again; although he is in the ‘guest’ room and is just visiting; it feels like a family again.
He needs a job though.
The Credit crunch has drained all money away from PhD funding.
He’s finding it impossible to get on a PGCE course, even with a Science degree and Msc.
Any (sensible) ideas welcome.
To complete the rest of the family group, I have been round to Mr & Mrs Crisp-e’s for the traditional ‘end of holiday, back to school dinner’.
That man can do things to lamb that are just plain unnatural and I don’t mean in the Welsh way.
The men of Greece wouldn’t do ‘that’ to a sheep. Why ruin a good business plan?
I would also like to draw attention to the fact that their cat is a fucking vicious bitch.
“Ooooh! No, she’s lovely. She wouldn’t hurt you.”
Um… No.. She’s fucking not and Yes, she fucking would.
Mrs Crisp-e needed a plaster after playing with her.
We have drunk much wine and Jagermeister.
Jagermeister in the form of a kind of Jagerbomb except we mixed it with the Red Bull rather than depth charging it.
After all, we are not savages!

I don’t watch any of those “Reality” shows at all.
They make me feel uncomfortable and I'm not sure why.
For someone who has absolutely NO embarrassment filter for herself, I have a highly honed one for others.
Weird.
I only looked at this because her name is everywhere at the moment and I swear to Christ it choked me up.
It made the hairs stand up on me.
She reminds me of the Jane Horrocks character in 'Little Voice'.

10 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Ha! I didn't even have to look to see what that link must be. I was sent there from one of the feminist blogs I read. Nice to see the sneers wiped off those faces.

Sleepy said...

She is epic!

Leigh Russell said...

Hi Sleepy - just popped by to say please try and come along - it would be great to see you at my Author Talk (what the hell am I going to talk about??) at Borders in Brighton at 6.30 on Thursday August 20th. Seriously, should be fine because I'll be well practised by 20th August - it will be about my 10th author talk (if I survive the trauma of the first one)

Sleepy said...

Leigh.. I will definitely try and get there.
Might make a long weekend of it!

Crisp-e said...

She is selectively vicious. On the lamb thing, how sure can you be about the habits of the Greeks!!!

Word Verification: Lactoriz...

the Spanish for Lactose intolerance

Sleepy said...

I've observed your habits, that's as 'Bubble' as I get mate! And I don't see you giving the lamb a 'beef injection' before you ingested the creature!

The things that cat allows you to get away with, while clawing the rest of us to shreds, is bordering on unnatural!

Crisp-e said...

LOL!

Word ver: Patebar

I think I saw one in Harrods...

Grey Area said...

the stunning thing about that clip is how the entire audience and panel were just willing her to be crap before she started, like a roman colesseum filled to the brim waiting for her to be torn apart by lions etc, there is one really nasty individual who rolls her eyes when the woman walks on stage....shudders....

Sassygril said...

Amazing voice. Very Elaine Page. Hope she wins the bluddy thing. Over 30 million visits to that site - 30 fucking million!

Where Mikey is concerned, he should keep trying with the PhD route as now that the RAE is over and unis know what their funds are going to be, they are starting ro get going again with jobs, PhDs and such. If he can't get funding to go a FT one, he could always opt for the PT route, pay his own fees and combine it with work - that's what I did. Obviously it depends on how much the fees will be, but they weren't huge. However, that was nearly 10 yeara ago!

The PGCE thing is really difficult to get onto now - you have to be quick off the mark and get the application in presto pronto. But he could always do some work in schools to give him some experience. Otherwise...start his own business? It's a crap time to have to make these decisions, but he does need to shift his ass - maybe coming down here to live for a while would be better as he seemed to be very motivated when living here.

Sleepy said...

Richard.. That's the best bit about it.

Sassy.. The boy is ruined. Totally ruined.