Monday, April 27, 2009

Rainy Monday

Today has been absolutely shitty.
It has pissed with rain for hours and hours and I got soaked going out for milk.
Then a friend, whose wedding I missed through illness came round.
She not only came round, she came out!
She’s left the husband and has a girlfriend.
Colour me surprised!
I found it all very weird because back when she was ‘straight’, I kind of fancied her.
We’re going out for a drink on Friday, to one of the three Gay places that this city full of sailors boasts.
A place I haven’t been in for years because I always end up in some sort of ‘trouble’ if I do.
I CAN control myself; I CAN control myself…….

I went and saw my Dad yesterday for a ‘seedling’ exchange.
Except I had fuck all to exchange as the fucking slugs have munched through everything and I’ve had to start again.
His Urban Estate is well underway and this year he has planted his beans in amongst the Step-Mum’s flowers.
(He has a spot for the onions this year!)
“I want ‘er fuckin’ bees don’t I!” he cheerfully told me, with only his bottom set of teeth in.
We had to reach a compromise about the knashers.
I can’t cope with seeing him without any in and they hurt him if he wears them.
The compromise is he wears half of them.
It doesn’t really satisfy either of us but at least this way I can look at him while we talk.
He came out with a classic as he was telling one of his stories about him and his brothers.
“I KNOW it happened on a Thursday because we had run out of toilet roll”
I looked at Joon with that, ‘What The Fuck? Face’, and we totally cracked up!

I tried to say Facebook and Twitter at the same time and it came out as ‘Twatter’, I think I will be sticking with that from now on.

4 comments:

Some Chilean Woman said...

Confession -I can't say "twat"! My Spanish accent is too thick...what's with that? I love that word.

Sleepy said...

It's such an expressive word!

Schneewittchen said...

It becomes even more expressive when used as a verb imo!
A word that the two of us Brits at work can't pronounce easily is 'aluminum' - it's just wrong somehow.

Shame about the seedlings, I just discovered one of mine that had been bitten off by the birds. Buggers. I'm actually planting them amongst the flowers to fool the birds as well as attract the bees.

You can control yourself? I mean you CAN control yourself!

Sleepy said...

I could never say Aluminium the North American way.
My brain just won't allow it!

I can control myself, I CAN control myself...