Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Earth Day

I had some very good reasons for spending the day in the garden today.
1. It is Earth Day.
2. It has been fecking gorgeous, 23 Celsius at one point.
3. Shit needed doing.
4. I wanted to avoid anything to do with the Budget. Although, I wouldn’t mind knowing why Milo O’ Shea was involved.
The Edible Estate is starting to come along.
The Aubergines, Tomato, Gourd and Butternut Squash seedlings have been hardened off and are planted out.
The Courgettes, Radishes, Red Scallions, Salad Leaves and all the herbs are sown.
For those of you who have a compost bin I would suggest throwing a load of parsley seeds around the base of it.
The soil there is so good and you can just forget about them.
This lot was scattered last year.

I swear to Christ my Dad is some kind of fucking sick prick!
We have been waiting on news of his latest Cancer biopsy for a couple of weeks.
Remember he had bits chopped out of his mouth a month or so ago?
This evening he phoned and it went like this;

Dad… “‘Ello lover. Well, it’s good news and bad news. The doctor told me to get the bad news out of the way first.”
My stomach shimmied and churned. The far back of my throat went so dry swallowing almost made me retch.
I went and got the vodka.
Me… “What? Just tell me Dad, what did they say?”
Dad… “The bad news is I’ve probably got about 40 years left!”
Silence.
Me… “You’re some kind of cunt aren’t you?! You just took ten years off MY fucking life you knob!”
Then the maniacal laughing started.
Both of us!
Me… “Did you get the others?”
Dad .. “Yeah! Hahahaha! Every single one of you!”
Me… “You’re a sick fucker! Nice one though! Who hung up on you?”
Dad.. “Your sisters! Hahaha! I told Joon you’d be the only one who’d laugh!”
Me… “Dad, that is not a comfort to me!”
Dad.. “Hahahaha! I love talking to you. I fuckin’ love you mate.
Me… “I love you too old man”.

Complete twat!
I absolutely love the man to bits and it’s always nice to know where the ‘Sick Bastard’ gene comes from.
The good news was that there were no Cancerous cells in this biopsy.
Just the Stomach and Oesophageal cancer that is killing him now.
He doesn’t seem to mind, he’d been on the booze since three this afternoon.

6 comments:

Leigh Russell said...

You can't beat a garden. Glad your dad's such a fighter.

Sleepy said...

I like mine in the summer!

Thanks.

Schneewittchen said...

Oh the garden at Sleepy Mansions is fan-bloody-tastic. It is a great example of how the British garden and are the best in the world. *Fade to Rule Britannia*

Sleepy said...

Schnee.. Aw! Thanks!

Grey Area said...

I have sent an email to B&Q about the sighting of their stolen bucket.

Sleepy said...

I paid 99 whole English pence for that bucket!