Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Damp Gripes

This whole ‘Flood’ thing is starting to get right on my tits now.
One thing is doing it in particular.
Some fucking reporter finds some twat, who usually looks a chromosome short of a warthog, to show them round their ruined home.
They point out the fucked up plasma TV, stereo, computer etc, then turn with a seriously sad look on their face and say “… and unfortunately the Jones’ have no insurance”.
What?
Am I supposed to feel sorry for these pricks?
You manage to stump up the fucking monthly payments for the TV, (because sure as shit they didn’t buy it outright) then pay for some insurance you fucking tossers!
I find it hard to feel sorry for these people I’m afraid.

Last week I accidentally caught an episode of ‘Dexter’.
What a cracking show!
I absolutely love it and with the fervour of a convert I urge you all to watch it, if you haven’t already.
A serial killer working for the police is a clever premise.

Mrs Next Door is having her baby induced tomorrow.
Fucking great.
Another wailing brat for her to lose the plot with.

There were a few of these in the garden today.
I think it is a Comma.

10 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

I LOVED Dexter!!!!! It was just fabulous in so many ways and on so many levels. Brilliant.

I love the way TV presenters do that kind of thing, they say stuff like,' and look, the Joneses have no insurance' in a sort of pretend sympathetic way, but really they want us the viewers to snigger and be judgemental. Or just mental.

Sassygril said...

Damn, Dexter was a prog I wanted to watch, is it still on?

I pay a fair bit on house and contents insurance because I am totally paranoid about being sufficiently covered. I guess it's the cost of a mid range plasma screen TV and I would sure like to buy one of those as me current TV came out of the ark with Noah, but my mother's gaff was flooded some time ago and because she was insured up the ying yang, she managed to get everything repaired and loads of gorgeous replacement stuff.

And I'm sorry, who lives on a flood plane and who lives next to a fucking river these days???

Sleepy said...

Schnee.. I think I have only missed the first episode of Dexter but it is one of those that does enough explaining each time that I think it doesn't really matter.

Sassy.. Yep, it's still on. I will give you a txt when I find out the exact day and time.

My Dad believes it is your right to have a claim on your household insurance every year, whether you need it or not!
I have tried to explain that this will push the premiums up but he argues that they will do that anyway!
I've seen him pour water in the back of the TV and blame Grandkids.
Phone and claim the bog is broken (If you have kids they don't send an assessor just the cash) He's moved the bed and burnt the carpet then put the bed back over the burn and paid the mortgage with the money.. I could go on and on!
He's a nightmare!

Sassygril said...

Totally with your dad. And the accident with the TV is dead smart...
Once managed to claim for a dilapidated wall on the back of storms. Altho I am not in your dad's class, I will work hard to follow in his footsteps...

Sassygril said...

On a totally different subject, the grils took over the bed last night. I was squashed into one wee corner of MY bed whilst they spread themselves out and snored relentlessly. Clive said that I had all the spine of an amoeba. And it's hard to disagree...

Artemesia said...

It is a Comma:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/wildfacts/factfiles/399.shtml

I'd never seen one before that I remember.Thanks for this capture..

I hope the above copy & paste to get to the site works..here it is again:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/wildfacts/factfiles/399.shtml

A

Sleepy said...

Sassy.. The man is plunder!
The big man is right, you have got to get stern with those felines of yours!

Artemesia.. Thanks for the link! I see them when I'm in Wiltshire but this is the first one of them I've seen in town.
I must be doing something right in the garden!

Crisp-e said...

lol! I'm with you mate. Some folk need to sort out their priorities. I bet that they would rather starve their own children than do without a TV. Conversely, I am impressed with how well most folk are coping with the floods. Just goes to show that the good ol' English spirit of times past has not waned.

Crisp-e said...

Loving the butterfly...!

Sleepy said...

Crisp-e.. I know we are of a mind on the insurance thing! And I think you are right that some would see their kids go without before THEIR luxuries.

The butterfly was a real surprise!