Sunday, July 29, 2007

Lava And Recovery

Housemates and houseguests, I would just like to take this opportunity to remind you of the quirky, somewhat Heath Robinson, nature of our hot water and heating system.
When a person is in the shower and you turn a tap on in the kitchen, the nature of the shower water is transformed.
In fact it turns the water into something akin to Lava Flow.
If you flush the downstairs lavatory, Lava Flow.
If you put your laundry on, Lava Flow.
If you use the hose in the garden, Lava Flow.
You get the idea.
This morning my relaxing shower almost turned into a trip to fucking Odstock!
I won’t name names but you know who you are.
Grrrrr.

Sleepy Mansions played host to one of its notoriously debauched dinners last night.
Today I’ve had one of those weird hangovers.
The disembodied kind.
I didn’t feel sick, my head didn’t hurt but I felt like someone had kicked seven shades of shit out of me.
Paying particular attention to my ribs and lower back.
Made all the freakier by one of last nights guests sending me ‘phone pictures of Morris Dancers.
A fetish that she is obviously just feeling comfortable enough to come out about.

As part of my recovery, I have watched the film ‘Alexander’ this afternoon.
Not exactly what I’ve read about him, but enjoyable enough.
I can’t claim to be a huge Colin Farrell fan either, but does he look a total prick with blond hair?
Or is that just me?
At least I had Dexter to look forward to.
I know where I am with a serial killer.
Far more at home.

5 comments:

Sleepy said...

He just looks dodgey. Full stop.

Sassygril said...

BTW, I think that your problem re the shower is pretty common. Crisp-e will know answer but I think you might need a pump in the shower. I don't think that's difficult or expensive to install but our Crisp will surely know as will Uncle Mark.

Gorgeous day, no?

Sleepy said...

British Gas tell us we need a pump everytime they come to service the system.
They also would like £500 to do it, I would rather they kiss my scorched arse!

The day is lovely but I think I'm coming down with something.
Mmmmmm.

Sassygril said...

And another BTW...plenty of Foot Locker shops in Philly. Lets hope and pray for Sunday opening :-)

Sleepy said...

I will be hitting the online store and furnishing you with buying instructions!