Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Dreams, Lies And Dies

The attendance at my ‘Mopping The Fucking Floor’ inset was piss poor.
‘Fuck You‘, seemed to be the general consensus, so I knew when I was beat and left it alone.

Sue Barker’s dream has sort of come true.
Sue, Martina at a desk and who was on the end. Yep, Billie Jean!
Gave us all a chuckle at Sleepy Mansions.
This also means that it’s pissing down in London. They’ve even had fucking Hail, and its heading this way.

I’m a bit worried about this ‘renewed’ Terrorist threat.
Something is not quite sitting right with me.
Nothing I can put my finger on, a bit like being in the Protestant church on Sunday.
It all seems a tad too convenient.
New ’Scottish’ PM.
Scottish police ask for special powers of arrest.
And get them.
Mmm.. Thought that shit went through parliament first?
Was debated, punted up to the Lords, debated there, back down.
No?
I wonder how many Black and Asian doctors have cancelled their holidays abroad in the last few days.
There are going to be some last minute captures out there for some people.
Sorry. I only did a history degree. Doesn’t prepare one for very much.
Marx and unemployment, basically.
It may also have something to do with surfing into the film, V For Vendetta last night.

Saw Cousin Marcus today.
His Grandfather died this morning and he’s pretty cut up.
He had been sat with him, day and night, for days. M went home for a shower and he died.
I managed to convince him that his Grandad had waited until he’d gone and he left a little bit calmer.
Marcus, like me, was brought up with, and by, his Mum’s parents. He was very close to his Grandad.
It brought up all my ‘Grandfather’ feelings and we had a cuddle and a cry.
Then we had a smoke.
Sorted.

2 comments:

Sassygril said...

One of the things I find at Uni is that students get incredibly upset by the death of a grandparent. Like you, I had a strong relationship with the one grandparent still alive. My grandmother was a right old bag in many ways, but for some reason we simply got on. She was nearly 100 when she died and although I wasn't upset - mainly because she was sooo old and sooo rude to absolutely anyone she came into contact with - I do get the power of the relationship.

Does my institution? Just about. But there are plenty of ignorant tossers who don't seem to get the fact that many of us were brought up by or strongly influenced by one or more of our grandparents. I think there is this ludicrous notion that a family is parents and kids. How boring is that?

People say that it's a wise child that knows its own father. True. But extend it...

Sleepy said...

Sassy.. So true.
When his job tried to get shitty with him.
He reminded them it was 'selling sofas' and his family comes first.
Not as politely! (We DO share DNA!)
They have left him alone.