Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Perchance To Dream

Sleep is elusive.
I’m just on the brink then, BAM! Awakeness.
I thought listening to Vivaldi’s ‘Gloria’ would be soothing. The tune, not his girlfriend. Although…
Is it buggery! Somehow it led to Bells Whisky, (all that is in the house) and perfect lip-synching with the ipod.
I have a sickness, According to ATM, that is.
So, there is no medical basis to her diagnoses, Or to her assertion that I am the spawn of Satan.
At 14, if you reply, “Well, you fucked him Mother” you get a punch in the mouth!
A great one for a reasoned argument is ATM.
I love to lie on the floor, in the dark with headphones on, listening to music.
That is my illness!

That’s what I’ve been doing for the two and a half hours.
Dario G’s, Carnaval Du Paris, has got to be one of THE most cheerful pieces of music ever! I’ve bounced around to that and ‘P.I.M.P,’ fucking love that tune!
I’m slowing down with Nina Simone; ‘Let It Be Me’ has had a couple of goes.
Anything by Nina is wicked for chilling out to.
There is something weird about having headphones on in the dark.
One: If feels like the ground is moving under you and
Two: You hear whispers and can easily convince yourself someone has broken in.
I’ve just put Tamia’s ‘Stranger in my House’ on just to really freak myself out!
That’s it, Bells makes me paranoid. Knocking that on the head!
Off for a dance about.

7 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Argh, I HATE, HATE, HATE that - when you're about to drift into sleep and something wakes you up. It makes you more awake than you were to start with.

Sleepy said...

Pink Floyd eventually soothed me!

LentenStuffe said...

You & I both. I can't sleep either. I find reading Tommy Aquinas works wonders ... it's like a soporific on steroids.

Sleepy said...

Lenten.. I'm too hectic to read!

Sassygril said...

Hmmm...I'm on really bad heavy metal just now. I can sleep, I just can't hear...

Sassygril said...

Actually I get like Schnee when I try to sleep when jet lagged. This is looming again and I am trying to get general loopiness in BEFORE going away to kinda mitigate against the worst excesses. Maybe if I go a bit mental and poodle headed before I go, when I'm there everyone will think its business as usual...

Sleepy said...

Sassy.. Drugs! I'm jetlagged without leaving home!