Tuesday, July 31, 2007

DIY Hell

An almost endless convoy of 4X4’s and People Carriers have arrived to pay homage to next door’s new arrival.
I don’t think the new parents have been too impressed by my railing scraping activities.
Windows were shut, with venom.

But when am I supposed to do it?
The new baby seems to cry all the time so I can’t be waking it up.
The gate has loads of curly bits on it which is taking forever and requires me to exchange skin from my knuckles for the paint.
A painstaking job, in every sense.
If I’m honest, Nitromors in a graze isn’t my most favourite activity with a sting.
I’m praying for rain, but the weather people cheerily inform me that August is going to be totally sunny and hot.
Which means no excuse not to do the frigging railings.

Had a groovy visit from Mad Matt this afternoon. He had hideous tales from Mayhem and I was so glad not to work there anymore.
Good to hear how people are doing though.
I am mashed, my back is killing me and my knees are a study in pain.
If I ever show signs of ‘DIY’ again people, stage an intervention.
Do whatever it takes to stop me.
Removing the wine from my vicinity is always a good start.

2 comments:

Sassygril said...

But think how great the railings are going to look when you've finished. Maybe you could shift activities today to painting where you've fully scraped. The gloopy stuff you've bought is really nice and easy to use and you'd have a sense of job satisfaction. Keeping on scraping ain't a good idea - have a break and do something creative. THEN go back to the irritating stuff. It'll also improve your status with the foetus fanciers next door :-)

Sleepy said...

I'll attack the back garden today and get a bit of sun on me!