Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Emperors And Gripes

On Sunday the Emperor Dragonfly in M’s pond ‘hatched’.
It was amazing to see!
It has been living in there for 2 years as a really ugly, rampantly carnivorous nymph.
Now, it is one of the most gorgeous looking things that fly at this time of year.
In the photo it doesn't have it's vivid blue colour yet but it was only an hour or so old!
I saw two flying down by the river this afternoon and like to hope that one of them was ours!


A story in the Daily Nazi made me chuckle today. A bloke near Brighton discovers that he and one other neighbour are paying Council Tax at a higher rate than all the other neighbours. Band E while the others are band D.
Bugger that for a game of soldiers thinks this guy and complains at the unfairness of it. The council say, 'Ooh, you're right' and promptly puts UP the tax of all his neighbours!
I'm sure they fucking love him for that!
Another news item that caught my eye was about the funeral of a 55 stone woman. Her family were up in arms because they were charged for two burial plots.
Well, yeah!
She didn't fit in a normal sized hole for fuck's sake!

A couple of things I'm sick of hearing about.
The price of the new 'Harry Potter' book. It should be £17.99 but it can be had for £8.99 on Amazon.
Go to the library, it's fuck all!
It doesn't help that the latest film has just been released either.
I will admit that I've read the books but thank fuck this is the last one.
The other thing getting on my tits is Victoria Beckham.
I find myself screaming, 'So Fucking What?' at the TV.
The Septics are welcome to her and, frankly, fucking deserve the vacuous, vapid tart.

4 comments:

Crisp-e said...

Mate, tis a fabulous sight and nicely captured by your good self. Do you remember when we watched the giant shield mantis go through her final moult?

Sleepy said...

crisp-e.. Dred! Of course I do.
I so wish we had been 'straight' enough to photographically capture it.
What an amazing sight that was!
Ah.. Infanta, she was a great pet Mantis.

Schneewittchen said...

What a moment to capture. I'm fed up with Potter and Beckham too, but for different reasons. And I've blogged about them.
Now I'm off to investigate the rumour that Crisp-e has blogged.

Artemesia said...

Beautiful dragonfly..I hope you post it when fully grown-up! This photo makes it look like a character from a William Blake painting..A Crusader monk in profile!
A