Thursday, July 26, 2007

Floods And The Beyond

More flood irritation.
A new word seems to have entered our vocabulary.
It’s certainly entered mine.
Bowsers. Not even sure if that’s how you spell it.
These are the big blue water containers that are on the streets of those areas without any.
I have NEVER heard this word before and I’m sure I’m not the only one.
Now reporters are using it in nearly all their reports as if we should know exactly what they are talking about.
I thought they were supposed to inform AND educate us.
Here’s a word for you that needs no explanation,
Tossers.

My Great Grandmother ’saw’ things when her hands were in water and my Grandmother ’saw’ things in fire.
My paternal Great Grandmother was an Irish ‘Traveller’ and she ’knew’ stuff as well. But I didn’t know her well or long enough to find out how she picked up her information.
When I was ten I was rushed to hospital, from school, with a dodgy appendix and my Nan was there before the ambulance.
She had seen it in the fire.
I have what I call my ’feelings of dread’. It’s feels like a tennis ball of lead in the pit of my stomach.
Remember that feeling of being sat outside the Head’s office or waiting for parents to find out something naughty you have done?
It’s very similar to that.
The last ’dread’ feeling was when cousin Markus’s Granddad died.
Markus arrived 2 hours later and told me what had happened and the feeling went.
But I also have dreams.
Which for someone who sleeps as little as I do is rare!
I had a dream about my Aunt when she died, I saw her with blood around her mouth and later found out she died of a burst stomach ulcer.
I don’t claim to hear voices but I would be interested if anybody else has similar experiences.

3 comments:

Sassygril said...

No, but a guy I met in Singers called Agit said that within 4 years I would be hooked up with a bloke. That the guy in question was currently with someone else or otherwise unavailable - which kinda doesn't narrow down the field of the blokes I know. However it is an interesting view. As is the one that I will recover the things I have lost (I'm not putting it terribly well here) over my life so far. It's probably all bullshit, but it cheered me up.

The empiricist in me thinks a lot of this stuff is bogus, but there is also part of me that thinks its interesting and valid.

And it's way more interesting than bowsers or dowsers...

Sleepy said...

Dowsers are kind of surplus to requirements at the moment!

Schneewittchen said...

Yes, I do, it's like I have a very, very weak sense of intuition that becomes even weaker at certain times of the month.
Nonetheless, I am convinced it could be developed.
On t'other hand (bit behind with my reading due to the crashingly obvious) if you read my today's blog (prolly yesterday by now), if I have any kind of sixth sense, then you ad Crisp-e have a big future on the stage.