Sunday, January 06, 2008

Food And Time Wasting

I enjoy cooking.
I find it relaxing and my inner Yid loves people enjoying my food.
This ‘hobby’ leads to me watching various cooking shows.
I have now found one I can shout at.
‘Come Dine With Me’.
People who have absolutely no fucking idea what they are doing in the kitchen, cooking with the top of the range pots, pans and utensils.
Equipment, I believe should be mine.
I find myself screaming,
“Look what that complete twat is doing to that pan! LOOK! Bastard! He has MY stuff! Christ, that’s a £100 pan!”
Don’t even get me started on the knives.

This is now one of my biggest time wasters!
It’s brilliant.
I’ve typed in lots of family names; none of them were tried at ‘The Bailey’, which is mildly disappointing.
Just surfing through some of the cases is interesting though.
I’ve found a women who was put to death for ‘sodomy with a dog’.
A dog!
Which begs the question, who told?
It turned out she had a nosey neighbour and holes in her walls.

Today, I have done precisely, fuck all.
It’s been great!
One of the Housemates cooked a blinding dinner and it’s been wine and ‘Gladiator’ all evening.
Spot on.

3 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Him indoors doesn't quite understand that when I am shouting at the telly I am often enjoying myself. Criticising someone you don't know and who can't answer back and at full volume is very cathartic.

'ibdizong' a word just waiting for a meaning.

Sassygril said...

It is my firm belief that there are two items where only the best you can afford (and then some) will do. One is moisturiser, the other concerns cooking utensils. Just no point in cooking unless you have good equipment. Just none. It becomes completely unpleasant and John Lewis have some very decent stuff at reasonable prices :-)

Also, if you search online you can get le creuset stuff reduced as well. That stuff lasts for years and you can get it re-enamelled. Heavy to use but soooo worth it.
Just do it.

Sleepy said...

Schnee.. I LOVE screaming at the TV. I come from a long line of 'TV Shouters'.
I have many happy memories of my Grandfather yelling, "Bollocks", "Bastards", and "Liar" at the telly.

Sassy.. This pompous prick had all that beautiful copper stuff.
MY STUFF! Grrr...