Friday, January 18, 2008

Sick

Today, I have mostly being trying to hang on to the contents of my stomach.
I have mostly been unsuccessful.
It got to the point where I was drinking water just so that I would have something to bring up.

I had a phone call from a friend at Mayhem telling me all about the illegal stuff that is going on there.
Falsifying coursework, falsifying data, falsifying predicted grades.
All done because of threats from the Headteacher.
They told me of someone who refused to bump up the predicted grades; they were screamed and shouted at, so the Head (or one of his Arse Kissing leadership team) did it.
There are now at least 3 people I have lost all respect for and will probably never talk to again.
They have no excuse and it makes me sick to my stomach.

I told the person to ‘blow the whistle’ but they are too afraid to and say no one would back them up for the same reason, fear.
They just want to get out of the place.
Another teacher sacrificed to the man’s unbelievable arrogance.

11 comments:

Belle said...

Good for you encouraging the blowing of the whistle

Schneewittchen said...

I don't envy you your suffering, and hope you get well soon, but egad you have an efficient system!

I wonder if Delirium Tremens watches Waterloo Road. Hmmm...

Sleepy said...

Belle!!! Good to see you back!

Schnee.. I doubt it. Too busy hitting on the GT's and NQT's.
Absolutely hideous man.
Although, another source tells me he is on his way out.
Jumping before he is pushed.

Crisp-e said...

Mate, I can totally believe that this is happening at that place. Nothing surprises me anymore. Its just one bad story to another.

I recommend that someone starts putting a file together and sends it off to the LEA. ANON. It is quite simply unacceptable that the Head should be allowed to get away with this. Letters, copies of minutes from meetings etc. The more the better.

Sleepy said...

Crisp-e.. They won't. No backing from colleagues.
Funny how anyone who stood up to him or challenged him are no longer working there.
Look what happened when I blew the whistle about the 'Behaviour' Database and how he was changing Physical assaults on staff in to something else.

Crisp-e said...

You did the right thing and no one can take that away from you. I too couldn't work in that school. It's a shame that so many, for whatever reasons, are unable to take the leap and move on.

Sleepy said...

Crisp-e.. Some of them it's Golden Handcuffs, some, obviously, are just there for the money and the rest are too fucking shit to be taken on anywhere else.

Crisp-e said...

lol! hahahahahaha! Too true.

Sassygril said...

And that is why you end up with failing schools - the good ones leave and the shit ones stay. Eventually it becomes a downward spiral with the LEA/government ultimately sending in 'hit squads' to sort the place out. You then see the teaching unions protesting at such intrusion and claim that 'dedicated' teachers are doing a fine job in inauspicious circumstances. But anyone near the school who knows what is going on realises that this is empty rhetoric. Meanwhile a generation of children are being denied a proper education. This is a true horror story and I have to say there are an increasing number of teacher I meet (OK on a social basis) where I end up wondering how on earth they managed to get into and stay in the profession they are so intellectually lame. Happens in academia too so I am not being elitist.

I'm glad you encouraged them to blow the whistle and I am sorry that they don't collectively do the right thing.

Sassygril said...

AND another thing...I thought that one of the behaviours you model as a teacher is leadership.

Hmmm...nice display of that going on.

Sleepy said...

Sassy.. You are spot on. Totally spot on!
I am also amazed at just how 'thick' some teachers are.
At Mayhem you have cover supervisors who don't even have THE most BASIC of qualifications, but it's a body in the classroom.
A cheap one at that.