Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Saints, Shameless And Sketching

Yet again I find myself wanting Stephen Fry to rule the world.
I’d vote for him if he was running for a bus.
I agree, totally, with what he is saying here but I’m sure Rupert Everett has said something similar.

The Catholic Church have hit me with another one of their, WTF, moments.
Now, that is nasty!
Couldn’t they have said a Mass or put on a concert or something.
Digging the fucker up seems a little extreme.
I’d also argue that being pumped full of Formaldehyde IS ‘a measure taken to preserve’.
That’s what the stuff does!
I dread to think what ‘removing relics’ could mean, given the number of Holy fingers, toes, blood, ribs, skulls and foreskins that are scattered around European churches.
I’d like to imagine that a bunch of Cardinals get stoned together and have a life size game of Operation.
“Ahh! Shit Dude! The Holy Wishbone! That’s a fecker to get out!”

The new series of Shameless is fantastic.
Absolutely cracking!
Schnee, DO NOT miss it.
The line, “I am a bulimic who can’t stand vomit”, will never leave me.
I hurt my throat laughing.

Adverts are keeping me shouting at the TV.
The Mini Cooper Etch a Sketch ad in particular.
To use a saying from my youth,
“As fucking If!”
I had one of those bastards and there’s no way it did that!
That’s why I took it apart not long after I got it.
It's full of grey talc stuff and tiny ball bearing things.
My Nan was fit to be tied.
Not to be recommended, it gets EVERYWHERE.

2 comments:

Sassygril said...

Euw. The Catholic Church never ceases to amaze me with their medieval attitudes. Leave the poor old sod alone. I'd be dead pissed off to be preserved in nastiness and got out to play whenever the church needs to exert some leverage on the faithful. As you said, couldn't they have a mass, a gig or some other more gentle way of marking an anniversary.

And i thought etch a sketch was one of the crappest things I ever had as a kid. Right wank.

Sleepy said...

Even when they are proved to be fake, like the Shroud of Turin, they still persist with the bollocks.

Etch a Sketch is up there with Spirograph as a wank toy.
I always wanted Meccano. Did I get it? Did I buggery.