Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I Love The Smell Of Pope In The Morning...... Victory

As if to prove that old, ‘just when you think you’ve seen it all’ thing, the internet sends me this.
To make matters worse, it’s not even a joke.
“…Aristocratic, Old World Cologne with surprising freshness…”
Let me translate.
“…Arrogant Nazi, Right Wing Bigot with unsurprising fanaticism…”
I have sent off for my free sample as I’d be interested to know what that smells like.

Schnee.. Engage sports filter..

My Beloved Spurs are in to the final of the Carling Cup!
Not the greatest of cup competitions but they got there by spanking Arsenal like a ginger step-child.
That alone makes it just fucking beautiful.
5-1 on the night, 6-2 on aggregate.
I managed to share the last minute, the last goal and the sound of White Hart Lane going fecking ape-shit with Crisp-e.
You’ve got to love mobile phones just for that.
It was an emotional moment!
I couldn’t actually sit and watch the match.
Fear of the Jinx.
Whenever I watch them play Arsenal they lose.
If I don’t they win.
QED.

I am ONE happy Pixie!

Or I was.. Heath Ledger is dead.
Jeez..
What a waste.

2 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Yeah, HL's death was quite a shock driving back today. Bloody waste.

My sports filter kicked in unexpectedly t'other day. Someone mentioned the name of a sport in the middle of talking about something else, and the next few sentences were lost to me.

Sleepy said...

Schnee.. A highly honed filter!

Sassy.. Nope, His Crisp-e-ness was at home but doesn't have Sky Sports.
I phoned him before the end and held the phone to the TV, so he could hear for himself the beauty of 'The Lane' in full and joyful voice!
I also wanted to describe the look on Arsene Wenger's face!