Thursday, January 03, 2008

Hair, Snow, Bacteria And Soul Food

Strange things are afoot with my hair.
Yesterday I awoke looking like Tin Tin and today I’ve had more of a Beatles thing going on.
Something seriously needs to be done.
I’m at what ATM would call ‘that funny stage’ age wise.
I’m not sure what to do with it any more; all it wants to do is stick up at peculiar angles.

Yesterday I was promised snow.
It’s bitterly cold but I have no snow and I’m pissed off.
It no longer bothers me that my politicians lie to me; I kind of expect it now.
But I won’t stand for it from my fecking weatherman.
Bastard!
As I have whinged about before, we NEVER get snow!

The Tame Pharmacist was bundled into the bathroom with anti-bacterial stuff as she walked through the door tonight.
A good plan as it turned out, she’d had ‘the unclean’ in the shop.
This hellish nastiness is going around.
Contagious in the extreme.
Housemate Claire and I had seen the news and weren’t enamoured of the prospect.
It has shut wards at both local hospitals.
Advice from TP if you get it, DO NOT leave house, you will be infectious until 48hrs after your symptoms stop and keep hydrated.
(She suggests ‘light coloured’ fluids as the vomiting IS projectile! Being bothered by such affairs, she worries about ‘staining’.)
It all sounds fine if you want to lose a bit of weight, but a tad hectic if we all got it at once.

My salt beef has finished it’s ‘cure’ stage and is now in the big pot for the next 3 hours.
I can’t wait to taste it but am trying not to ‘Harass’ it!

5 comments:

Sleepy said...

The beef is now cooked and quite possibly one of THE most Yummers things I have tasted!

Sassy.... I expect you some time today!
Bring pickled gherkins!

I'm going to be putting another piece in because I don't think this bit is going to last long!

Sassygril said...

I will come and assault the boeuf circa lunch time, if that is OK with you. I will also bring pickled gherkins (Waitrose job?) and let me know if there's anything else you want to go with them.

I am also not enamoured of the bug. You can lay money on some stupid twat in my department staggering in, suffering from this virus, thinking that they're being really committed and stoical. I'm now avoiding the place until absolutely required to attend.

Sassygril said...

On the nastiness front, maybe we should have a pact. Text/email supplies list if/when needed and for deliveries to be left in porches.

Kinda like the plague!

Sleepy said...

Sounds like a plan!

Big rad cross on infected front doors!

Schneewittchen said...

OOh, I read about this in the Graun, 2 million ppl in Britain have had it apparently. Sounds especially nasty, although it needs a better and nastier name to go with it, 'Winter vomiting disease' sounds so lame.