Thursday, February 22, 2007

Excitement!

Five minutes ago, over the noise of Terminator 3, there was an almighty crash
quickly followed by the sound of sirens.

I went outside and could see the reflected blue from flashing lights.
At the bottom of the road and just round the corner a car had clipped a lampost and slammed into the walls of some houses.
The car was empty and some poor copper was screaming into a radio.
Being a concerned citizen, I of course took photos and a bit of video on my phone.

A taxi driver then turned up and told me they had been chasing the car for a while.
The police spotter plane is still circling.

It all goes on in Southsea!

6 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Narry a dull moment.

TenaciousK said...

In the otherwise dull, suburban town of Sandy Utah where I used to live, there was a high-speed chase ended right outside my bedroom window - cops with guns drawn all around. We'd heard it going on a little while - they'd spiked his tires, or something, and he was screeching around on his rims.

Freaky, eh?

If they haven't found the person(s), be careful.

Sleepy said...

Schnee.. Innit!

TK.. They would have legged it across the park.
If they got in here they'd need fucking Victim Support, not me.

I think Schnee would back me on that one!

Schneewittchen said...

Without skipping a heartbeat I would. Sleepy has a pugnacious side, oh, come to think of it, she also has an actual certificate to back that up. Good thing she's one of the good guys.

Sassygril said...

Jesus! And I slept through all that an all! I told you I was knackered and all you came up with were demands for blogs and stuff about the not very gorgeous Lee Daley...In a snit now...

How do you snit virtually?

Sleepy said...

Schnee.. Thanks!

Sassy.. I think you just did. I was going to phone you, and invite you to gawp but thought you'd be asleep!