Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Strolling And Foaming

I was out and about this morning. Not for any real reason other than it was a blinding day.
Blue skies, bright and sunny but just a little bit cold.
One of those days that when you step outside you automatically take a deep breath, and smile.
Unfortunately, this made other people cheerful and for some reason, convinced their inner nutter, to talk to me.

My ‘shield of misanthropy’, (Obvious ipod earphones, 1000 yard stare and a surly look) failed me, and some bloke started talking to me.

He was relentless and I had to take them out.
I find “Fuck Off” comes out rather loudly with them in.
It was then that I noticed it.
He was one of those who accumulate white, frothy, nastiness at the corners of his mouth.
This truly turns my stomach.
G-d took pity on me, relieved me of my short term memory loss and gave me full connection with my Random Access Memory.
I remembered advice from Mad Matt, instantly.

The foaming man was rambling on about the weather, the time of year and other shit.
I held my hand up, smiled and politely said,
“Can I just stop you there?”
While he was waiting for what I was going to say next, I put my headphones back in and walked away.
I didn’t look back.
Although, I would have loved to have seen the look on his face.

I have been watching Barcelona v Liverpool.
Does anyone else think that Ronaldhino looks like one of those Aztec dried mummy things?

5 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Yer a nutter magnet, always have been, always will be, but always good to have new strategies, I might have to borrow that one meself.

Sleepy said...

Many years ago, when I told my Dad about the Nutter Magnetdom.
He said,
"Don't go looking for 'em Love, they will ALWAYS find you"

LentenStuffe said...

Totally agree with the Ronaldinho bit. Didn't you like the way Valdes tried to discreetly push the ball back over the line? What was he thinking, "G'wan, get out there quick. Nobody saw me pulling the ball back over the line, right?"

Ha!

Ronaldinho's trickery in that pass was sweet, eh? That's Canadian for "Hmmm, me like very much."

Nutter Magnet?

(Yes, you are, by all accounts!)

Schneewittchen said...

Very droll Lenten, very droll. Consider yerself cyber-kicked in the goolies.

Sleepy said...

Lenten.. Time for the cyber box/cup!

Ronaldhino certainly is gifted but I think he might be going off the boil a bit.