Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Genes Reunited My Arse

I am sure most people have had a go at tracing their Family Tree through the internet.
Some people I know have got as far back as the 15th century.
I have been trying to do mine on ATM’s side.
I have got as far back as her grandparents and have hit a wall.
Through remembering old stories of my Grandfather’s and using the census I have found his niece.
The daughter of his eldest sister, Edwina Boyle married to George Macdonald.
She seems to have done well for herself, married well and has a successful business.
She married the half brother of Lord Snowdon.

My Grandfather always said his sister was a social climber.
I have emailed her, written a snail mail letter, all to no avail.
I have made it clear that I have no interest in her immediate family all I want is any information that will further my search in to the Great Grandparents.
Nothing.
Not even a letter to tell me to fuck off.
So, I am writing about it here.
I know my Grandfather’s family were ashamed of him. He fought in Spain on the side of the Communists, something his family found abhorrent.
He married my Grandmother, who was considered beneath him.
This is not my fight.
I just want information.
So, Aline Parsons (or either of her sons) of Womersley Food in Lancashire, how rude are you?
You obviously think you are SO much better than the rest of your family.
You have Irish blood, no matter how much your Grandfather tried to hide that fact.
Do you even know where he is buried? I do.
I’m not proud that I have had to resort to this but your ignorance and extreme bad manners have pushed me to this.
I will put every single one of your names in the search area of this and live happy in the knowledge that my Grandfather was absolutely correct in his summing up of you all.

2 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Field trip to Lancs.. Camper van. Sorted.

Sleepy said...

It'll happen!!!

Just what they need, me turning up pissed off!