Friday, February 09, 2007

Tunes, Vicars And Tarts

I had a fantastic start to my day.
I got up, made a cup of tea, flicked through the TV channels and found, ‘The Odd Couple’.
There is something about Walter Matthau’s face that just makes me smile.
I can relate to both characters, on some level.
The eternal battle between my ‘Inner Felix’ and my ‘Inner Oscar’.
Brilliant film.
Ok people, think of the tune..
De De De De Deeee Da Da De Da Deeee Duuum..
Got it?
Right. Now try and get rid of it!
I’ve had it all fucking day and being a ‘giver’, I thought I’d share.
Next stage, looking through itunes for it.

Has anyone else noticed, no one runs off with Vicars, Priests or Nuns anymore?
Or if they do, it’s not ’Big’ news?
When I was a kid there seemed to be a headline in the News Of The World every other week involving carnal Curates’, Bishop Casey, naughty vicars and lusty housekeepers.
What’s that down to?
No vocations, aging clergy, or now that the paedophile stuff has come out they don’t need the smoke screen anymore?

Britney Spears is denying ever, EVER having lesbian orgies and I for one, am delighted.
Of course she is and of course she hasn’t.
I’m still traumatised by the images of her flashing her panty parts getting out of the car.
No self respecting lesbian would go anywhere near a fanny that looks like a badly packed kebab.
Not sober, anyway.
Then again, that may just be me being fussy.
Which, I must admit, is a new experience.
We don’t want her! Much the same with Michael Barrymore.
Why don’t the ones who could actually make a difference come out?
People at the top of their career, whatever that may be?
Because of tossers like that probably.

11 comments:

TenaciousK said...

[Sigh...] I love Walter Matthau. Thanks - I hadn't thought of that/him in a long time.

I also miss Dick VanDyke. I think every little boy in the States had a crush on Laura Petrie (Mary Tyler Moore).

It's hard for me to be as attached to actors in my adult life, though I don't know if that's just a function of age, and loss of the appealing glamour I responded to as a child.

I feel very sorry for Brittney Spears. She was misused from an early age, I think, and may only be starting to comprehend exactly what it was she was robbed of. Child performers - do any of them ever turn out to be happy?

Sleepy said...

TK.. At any point in the day I can find a 'Diagnosis Murder' on some channel or other.
I'm not a fan.

I hadn't really thought of Britney as a 'child' performer, although you are quite right, she was.

TenaciousK said...

Ah, no - I'm not a fan of Diagnosis Murder either.

The original sitcom, though - in black and white; that was a great show. Dick VanDyke did great physical comedy, which is an art that seems mostly lost, though Johnny Depp in Benny and Joon was very entertaining (though the whole drunk pirate thing is getting stale), and Rowan Atkinson in the original Bean series was great (don't you think they should've cast him as Clouseau instead of Steve Martin? I was so disappointed by reviews I couldn't bring myself to see it).

Yeah, child performers get robbed of their childhood. Jodie Foster seems to be doing well (though she's so private, I'm not sure we'd here if she weren't), but I can't think of another.

Sleepy said...

TK.. Please don't take offense and keep in mind cannabis has a tendency to make one paranoid... But...
I find it odd, that on a day I accidentally stumble in to a 'wiki' thread/chat thing that mentions both you and I, you post here after a bit of an absence.
(I had typed Mardyke Park in to a google search)
Can you see where I'm coming from?

You are more than welcome to comment here but please don't turn it into a place for some kind of cyber pissing contest.

If I am mistaken in my perception, apologies.

TenaciousK said...

Sleepy:
I'm not offended. I just today became aware of some ill-will that's been directed my way for awhile, so I can understand why you're feeling paranoid. That I just became aware of it and happened to show up here are related, as a function of how much time I'm spending online today, as opposed to the last week.

I don't want to involve you in any pissing contests. Actually, I don't want to be involved in any pissing contests at all. I appreciate your candor, though, and if my being here makes you uncomfortable, I won't be. My presence has apparently made some other people uncomfortable, and I am certainly paying them such a courtesy, now that I know.

I feel a little like the stinky kid in the back of the class, actually. If I'm stinking up your blog, I'll leave.

I'll try that mardyke park search, and see what you were referring to.

Sleepy said...

Thanks for the explanation.

Nope, not uncomfortable.
Just making sure I stay comfortable.
You are welcome to post all the time I am.
Fair enough?

TenaciousK said...

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Please let me know if you have a change of heart.

Schneewittchen said...

Haha, Kev and I just stood in line at the checkout in Save-on and were faced with Britney's nasty little face on some piece of tat magazine. We both made the comment that it insulted all the gay ppl we know to even think that she is being accused of lesbian orgies.
On t'other hand, it insults all the non-gay ppl we know that she has (presumably) had straight sex. Or whatever it is they did. So, that's pretty much the entire planet insulted apart from the purposely celibate and the asexual.

Entire body still hurting ?

Sleepy said...

Schnee... Not so achey today. Expected a lot longer recovery time!

Britney the breeders have to keep I'm afraid!

Schneewittchen said...

Nooooo..... plus, even though I've now actually seen a few ladies' private parts, thanks to 'Bodies' (or at least prosthetic ones) I still can't picture (mercifully) one that looks like a badly packed kebab. Yuk.

Sleepy said...

Schnee... It works best if you imagine a Donner filled to the brim!