Thursday, February 22, 2007

A Lotta Bottle

Housemates.. I think we are going to have to establish a new rule.
Whenever anyone leaves the house, they HAVE to take a bag of bottles to the bottle bank.
By anyone, I include visitors to the house, meter readers and window cleaners.
It’s getting out of hand!
I also have to own up to being the reason we have so many peppers. For some reason, I always think we need some.

D the Dealer turned up, sporting a new coat and a new aroma.
It took me ages to put my finger on exactly what it was, then it hit me.
Wet Dog wearing Patchouli oil.
An interesting perfume and one, I feel, Susskind overlooked in his writings.

He opened with one of his usual random statements.
“Did I drop a gold guitar pick here? I keep losing stuff.”
I decided to be as equally random.
“Your Flat’s still damp then?”
He looked blank for a few seconds and said,
“Yeah! Wow! Did J tell you?”
He then started patting himself down, looked at me wide eyed and said,
“Fuck! My phone’s gone.”
I shook my head, held out some currency, a bag of empty wine bottles and he was gone.
Nag Champa gets rid of his smell pretty effectively.

Tonight, Boston Legal was pure gold. I laughed out loud! In their respective roles, William Shatner and James Spader are gods.
It just gets better.

5 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

It always pissed me right off that the green boxes didn't take bottles, mind you when I was there it was only collected every other week - totally not enough.

Here we have the brilliant system that we had in Britain about forty years ago. all booze and fizzy drink bottles have a deposit on them, it's a good incentive to take them back when you're going to get folding.

I MUST get into Boston Legal.

Sassygril said...

I know that smell! It's absolutely disgusting! It's one I associate with East German combat jackets (except the one I owned of course), bedraggled grungers and really poor 'relationship' decisions.

Bleugh.

Sleepy said...

Schnee.. I think that is the problem with recycling in general. We are too damn lazy! Unless it is collected from our doorsteps we are pretty resistant.

Sassy..You got that one spot on!
Of course your jacket would smell of nothing less than Chanel No5 and angel farts!!

Crisp-e said...

I'm back!

Glad to hear Desperate Dan hasn't lost any of his rugged charm.

New name sassy, I like it.

N.B. I will blog again before the weekend is out.

Sleepy said...

crisp-e!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!