Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Peeling, Raining And Raging

For some reason the skin on the ends of my fingers has started to peel off.
It’s not sore or anything and appears to be a single layer but I can’t work out why it would start happening.
As a kid I used to suffer with horrendous eczema and even now have occasional flare up’s. Dry patches appear at the tops of my arm or on my hip and the finger peeling isn’t that.
Then again it could be the limescale remover in the Cif. Waitrose had run out of the usual and sent me this shit instead.
The cheek!
How dare they assume I have limescale.

I was meeting Crisp-e at his house, so I got ‘Janis’ out for a ride.
10 minutes before I was due to leave it started pissing down. As mentioned before, cycling in Pompey means you are always against the wind. So today I had that, AND horizontal rain.
I was ‘drownded‘.
Fortunately, I didn’t have to wait long for Mr and Mrs Crisp-e to arrive, but my peeling had progressed to the first knuckle.

‘Janis’ is a boon for Pompey rush hour, if only fat fucking bastard car drivers would move over.
Get off the double yellows will you.
Tossers.
I am ashamed to say I got a bit ragey about this. Having to bump up onto the pavement or stop and push along the kerb.
So I stopped being careful.
Fuck ‘em! I thought.
I had seven wing mirrors in the stretch from the hospital to the junction (between 600 to 800 metres).
I had a few shouts but they were going, fucking nowhere, and I was long gone.
I caught a knuckle and my elbow twice but it was worth it.
Greedy Gobshites.

The wankiest question of the day occured on ‘Sleep Clinic’, BBC2.

“Have you been practising breathing?”

It was out before I knew it.
I yelled at the TV, momentarily forgetting, I was not alone.

“Well, only since some bastard pulled me from a screaming bitch and slapped my arse, you twat!”

After the initial shock, there was chuckling.

7 comments:

Sassygril said...

Glad to see you are still alive!

Sleepy said...

Barely!

Schneewittchen said...

Seven! Nicely done. Virtually all of those ppl could have been cycling too instead of spewing more toxins into the air.

Sleepy said...

I thought of you as I was doing it!

LentenStuffe said...

Ne'er a chance cows will stop pollutin' the damn atmosphere with their Frrrrruuuuppps!

Reminds me of AliG's interview with Ralph Nader.
The part that's cut off is Nader saying, "They haven't figured out how to affix a box to their assholes to trap the butane ..."

Sleepy said...

If I was farting Butune, I would be worth a fortune from refilling people's Calor gas bottles.
Methane is not so saleable!

I'd also be having a close look at my diet.

I'm not a 'Green Nazi' by any stretch of the imagination. If I could have driven, I would have.
I recycle stuff, I compost, basically clean up after myself.
But, I feel by remaining child free I have done a lot less than others to fuck things up.
Believe me, I'm a lazy bastard and disposable nappies would have been used!

Sassygril said...

Oh yes. I recall the days of terries. Frightening.