Sunday, October 28, 2007

Another Sunday

I’ve got to get this out but I’ll get it over and done with quickly.
What is it with people who hold their hands up in the air when they are singing hymns?
Is it really necessary and what purpose does it serve?

I ache today.
Badly.
My shoulders are killing me and the bruise on my arm is purple now.
I also made short shrift of a bottle of Absolut Vodka last night.
Eeeesh..

Cousin Markus visited.
He has jacked in another job.
He was working at DFS, selling furniture.
Making full use of an expensive private education!
I got Nuns, he got Brothers.
Hehehe! I love him!
His manager had decided he was ‘unmanageable’ because, as Markus said,
“I can’t get fucking excited about sofas!”
His other great line was,
“They don’t seem to understand I have NO drive or ambition, and I DO tell them. I want to do as little as possible, for as much as possible.”
Fair enough! Out and proud!

It’s been a weird day, the clocks went back, it’s pissed with rain and the Great South Run was on.
I’ve seen a lot of people wrapped in tin foil limping about, talking about chaffing and blisters.
Childless helium balloons floating past.
Everyone just seems to be waiting for it to get dark, so they can bitch about it being an hour earlier.
I guarantee at least one person will mention S.A.D to you this week.
I will also put money on them telling you they HAVE it.
Tell them there are light bulbs that help and fuck ‘em off out of it.
They will half your chi.

4 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Perhaps if you hold your hands up while singing hymns, it becomes an aerobic activity.
I noticed last week that there are ppl who make strange swirly upwards movements with their hands whilst saying the Lord's Prayer. I wondered if that fast tracks it up there.

Does Markus have a T-Shirt about fucking monks?

Sassygril said...

I also distrust those who need to raise their hands, arms or any other bits of their anatomy to heaven when they sing or pray. Just what is the point???

Maybe I should have Markus's job. I can get very excited about sofas.

And beds.

Sleepy said...

As soon as I see the arms darting heavenward, it finishes me.
I don't concentrate when that happens.
I spend my time wondering why they are doing it and more importantly, being pissed off by it.

Haha! Nope Markus doesn't have a T-Shirt along those lines.
Although, the school he went to had a 'Monk Abuse' scandal.
One of the Brothers liked to help the boarders get out of their trousers by undoing them with his teeth!

Sleepy said...

Orally dextrous but no mention of it had been made in the Prospectus, so there were problems!