Friday, October 19, 2007

An Autumn Week

This week lots of things have caught my eye.
So, in no particular order, here we go.

There has been outrage in Britain about Terry Wogan’s bollocks.
Bearing in mind my limited experience of male panty parts, all old men have that kind of thing going on.
Bits and pieces of them sag with time too and more importantly, what are they looking at his nuts for?
I seriously want to find out about mushrooms.
I want to know, with absolute certainty, what I can eat.
Not the usual mind expanding ‘shrooms I usually scoff at this time of year.
I want to know about Chanterelles, Morels etc.
There have been some crackers in and around Savernake Forest.
Jess managed to find the rotting corpses of a pheasant, half a rabbit, a portion of wood pigeon and something unidentifiable.
We saw two deer, fortunately the Hound couldn't be arsed to chase them.
I’ll stick some pictures on at the bottom.

I missed a parcel being delivered and the postal people left it with my neighbour.
A scribbled note on a card informed me of this.
Why is it that when you go to collect it you take the card with you?
They know who you are, you live right fucking next door!
Never has a neighbour asked me for a utility bill and my passport.

I have a new mobile phone.
As unusual I can’t work the bastard thing but it is fecking lovely to look at.
It does all sorts of things that I will never understand until I either read the book or see one of my teenage nieces or nephews.
It is highly unlikely I will read the book.

I rediscovered this.
Doubles me up every time I see it.
Don’t forget to turn your sound up.

Last, but by no means least, the Rugby.
I’m on cloud 9!
Beating France to get to the final.
The almost ecstatic moment watching Chabal cry.
Then tonight, watching the French get beaten by Argentina!
34-10
Bliss.

2 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Mushrooms are tricky little bastards. It seems like you can only go on what they look like to know the ones you deffo can't eat. The mushroom expert at work whose time we buy in won't ever tell you what you can eat because he says that so many bad ones look jut like the good ones and that you need to do a spore sample.
I stick to what I can buy at Superstore, but I'm sure I'm missing out on a lot.

Sleepy said...

M and I tried to get on a 'forage' with a bloke called Roger Phillips.
He is one of the leading authorities in the country. It was booked out in about 30 seconds, so our names are down for the next one.