Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Laundry, Music And Prayers

My Grandfather used to say that life is about constantly learning.
Today I did that and added a new string to my bow.
The Wool Wash.
I used to just have ‘white wash’ and ‘dark wash’ in my repertoire.
White included greys and some light browns.
Dark was anything blue through to black.
Who knew what a minefield doing the laundry could become?
I don’t understand why at the end of ‘wool wash’ it marinades your jumpers in a load of water but still lets you open the door.
The designers/engineers may as well have programmed in an ironic laugh that ended with the word, ‘Twat’.
I’d also like to know how the little drawer, which gets filled with cleaning products, can look like something furry has died and rotted in there.

John the ipod has been in a strange ‘shuffle’ mood all day.
‘He’ is either having a breakdown or the software is showing signs of strain.
30GB and it’s nearly full.
Check this out for eclectic weirdness:

Take That - Rule The World (Leave it!)
Handel - Ombra Mai Fu
Gogol Bordello - Start Wearing Purple
Vivaldi - Gloria
Nina Simone - Let It be Me
Nick Lowe - The Beast In Me
The Toys - A Lover’s Concerto (Cracker! Forgot I had it!)
Gotan Project - Santa Maria (Del Buen Ayre)
The Klezmatics - I Ain’t Afraid*
Nino Rota - The Godfather Waltz
The Pogues - The Irish Rover
The Rolling Stones - Mother’s Little Helper
Stevie Wonder - Jesus Children Of America
Pulp - Mis-shapes

The Gypsy punk in between Handel and Vivaldi was a bold choice, but
there was something special about hearing the Gloria while on my way to collect cannabis!
I would have freaked right out if The Stones had been played on the walk back.
JTI has picked up on my religious schizophrenia and is covering my back with the vengeful, smiting, smoting Deity of my maternal line with The Klezmatics.
Following it with the main theme from The Godfather was excellent though!

Housemate Claire has her first lot of Herceptin next week and the operation to get the tumour the week after.
As she is going to be under for about four hours she has decided to be stapled rather than stitched, it’s quicker.
Anaesthetic takes its toll on a body.
You know the drill people.
Those of you, who do, offer one up. Those of you who don’t, do whatever it is you do!
Numbers 12:13. (Shortest prayer in the Torah!)


*If you have the time, the inclination or can find it, give it a listen.
Two verses in particular appeal to me.
‘I ain’t afraid of your Yahweh
I ain’t afraid of your Allah
I ain’t afraid of your Jesus
I’m afraid of what you do in the name of your G-d.

I ain’t afraid of your Bible
I ain’t afraid of your Torah
I ain’t afraid of your Koran
Don’t let the letter of the law
Obscure the spirit of your love -- It’s killing us.’

11 comments:

Leigh Russell said...

I thought something little and furry had died in that little drawer.... And what is this 'wool wash'? When my washing machine died, I tried to get a machine that would do a cool wash and a hot wash and nothing else. There wasn't a machine on the market that offered less than 16 types of wash. I do everything on delicates. If it shrinks, I throw it away. All my clothes are fine on delicates now. But I didn't call by to talk about washing machines.... I wanted to ask you why your students turned up to lessons on Ecstasy. Lessons on Ecstasy? I missed that on the curriculum! (I don't claim to be a comedienne. That wasn't funny, was it?) Have a good half term and roll on xmas hols.

Sleepy said...

Leigh.. This was a long while ago now.
One of the year 11's had a Dad who was a dealer.
The lad decided he wanted a new stereo and stole a load of pills to sell at school.

Schnee.. You must remember that!?

The washing machine has always been a great source of bafflement to me.
ATM had one that jumped around the kitchen on 'spin' and it was mine and my sisters job to hold it in.
The Twin Tub thing scared the shit out of me and doing the laundry with it took fecking hours!

Sassygril said...

Yup, we had one of those spin driers. God, that takes me back. Spun the living shit out of the washing...

The social services bruises on my arms came up yesterday. Very appetising.

Sleepy said...

Sassy.. I have more and more bruising appearing..In non-sanding places.
I am starting to believe you Rohypnol-ed me and abused my, once, blemish free body..

Schneewittchen said...

Hmmm....oddly, I can't remember which kid that was, although I do seem to remember it happening. Weren't the Old Bill and the 5am 'knock knock, who's there? oh, you seem to have already broken down the front door' routine involved?

JTi is clearly evolving AI, and based on your own psyche. Be afraid, be very afraid.

I tried to look up what page Numbers started at in my own Torah, or Pentateuch as we Goyim call it, and discovered some long forgotten weirdness, in which some younger and stranger version of myself had either ticked or crossed off every book in both testaments.
I can't begin to imagine what that was about.

Is it possible to eat too much Marmite? Because I just don't seem to be able to self-regulate this evening.
Hmmmm....

Sleepy said...

Too much Marmite is due to lack of salt.
Source: Tame Pharmacist. Soya tablets.
No such thing as TOO much Marmite.
Source: Me!

Numbers.. 'Please, G-d, heal her'..
Said by Moses for Miriam.. Don't quote me on the Miriam bit. The Rabbi soon had me out of there (Saturday School) for being an 'abomination'.. Hahaha.. He was later done for 'noncing' boys during the 60's and 70's.
Bastard.

How cool! The underlining, that is... Please tell me it's in pencil?

(E's.. A certain Mr MacPherson's year group??!!)

Schneewittchen said...

Pencil, yes. McPherson - pre moi

Sleepy said...

Ok.. It was a funny day!

When 'loved up' they decided to share it with the Goulish Gaul!
You can imagine that, I'm sure!
Best day I EVER had as Duty Manager, closely followed by the Gaul trashing her own classroom.
Legendary!

Sleepy said...

Glad about the pencil...

A certain ex HOY, with a Germish name, used to use pen in text books when we were at Uni..

Guaranteed to send me into Asperger's overdrive.

Sassygril said...

Maybe I was sleep walking with the spin dryer...that would explain the bruising!

Wasn't it Wallis Simpson who said that you could never be too rich, too thin or have too much marmite? Whilst she and her hubby were grubby little fascists, I surely agree with her on the marmite...

Sleepy said...

Mmmm.. Marmite.

I always thought Wallis looked like a really unconvincing transsexual.