Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Pesky Kids

Horror of horrors.
Now, two of the brats next door have a fecking Recorder.
The baby has her own persistent, annoying noise.
One of them has partly mastered the first few bars of ‘Three Blind Mice’, the other one is just breathing in to it and hoping that will bring forth some sort of ‘tune’.
It doesn’t.
I defy anyone to get anything vaguely resembling a tune out of one.
Instruments of torture.
There is probably evidence them being used during the Inquisition.

As most of you know I’m not very good with small children.
They are too unpredictable for me.
I have even less interest in babies.
The words, “Would you like to hold him/her?” fill me with dread.
My response of,
“Dear Christ in heaven, NO!”
is not always well received.
What gives people this idea that you want to hold their baby?
They sit there going on about how fecking wonderful parenthood is, that they couldn’t be happier, how you should try it.
Oh Yeah?
Then why are you trying to give the squealing thing to me?
(There has to be some sort of bonus for being resolutely homosexual. For me, it would be the 'child-free' status)
Baby On Board signs in cars affront my sensibilities too. How they are going to make it less likely you crash is beyond me.
Despite all that, this has got to be the best use, ever, for a small child!
My sister and I used to do similar things to her kids.

9 comments:

Crisp-e said...

Trying to see the pros instead of the cons seems to be the general, not to mention very persistent rule of parenting. A lifetime of convincing oneself that at the end of the day, "its what we wanted.”

I know this sounds cynical, but I do wonder sometimes why certain peeps ‘av em’. I’m in no position to judge; however, you tell me sleepy, do you think they should have had another? Do you think that child was born out of undying selflessness or is there an insidious motive? Is egotistical intention in play here? Just a thought.

hahahahahahaha word verification: muddfuca lol lol lol lol

Sleepy said...

Dred.. Word Verification is a sign!

I know she didn't want to go back to work. She was Head of Year outside the city and found it increasingly tougher.
Then the house didn't sell.
I think this is the 'Save The Marriage' baby.

Schneewittchen said...

That vid clip is genuinely funny!

The downside of peeps not 'aving 'em' is that in order to maintain your economy, you have to rely on immigration - yep, even in Britain. So, annoying tho the next-doors might be, sounds like they're not Vicky Pollards and not whatever your least favourite brand of foreigners is.

Crisp-e said...

My thoughts exactly.

Sassygril said...

It could be worse, they could be learning the violin.

Sleepy said...

Schnee.. Nope! They are not Pollards!

If a violin goes anywhere near that house there will be murders!

Crisp-e said...

I'l' help dig the graves.

Sleepy said...

Crisp-e... You are a Mensch!

Crisp-e said...

Thank you for teaching me a new word!