Saturday, October 06, 2007

Rugger, Chuckles And Bugger

As expected I had feck all sleep last night. E numbers are hideous.

This afternoon I think I broke the world ‘holding your breath’ record.
I lasted the whole of the second half of the Australia v England rugby match.
It wasn’t pretty, but we won!
As Crisp-e text me straight afterwards,
“Fucking come on! Fucking have that you arrogant convict bastards..”
Ignore National sporting rivalries at your peril, they’re deep and they are real.
The faces of the Ozzy team were a treat.
Let’s be honest, no one really minds seeing an Australian prop forward cry!

My favourite story of this week has got to be the Fighting Nuns in Bari!
I’m loving the one who has barricaded herself in.
The trouble is, as with fighting dogs, it only takes a few bad apples and all of them have to be muzzled.
I know Vatican II changed fashion for the good Sisters but seeing them muzzled would freak me right out!
Although, on the hellish Sister MB it would have been a real boon.

Later on I watched The Illusionist.
It surprised me by being really bloody good. Rufus Sewell always plays a great ‘Baddie’.
He has such disturbing eyes.

The only real bugger of the day is that I found my Tortoise dead this morning.
I’ve had him since my 5th birthday, so I’m gutted.
I’d been expecting his demise since my sister’s one woke up dead a couple of years ago.
RIP Helmut the Tortoise, you weren’t the most entertaining of pets but I loved you anyway.

8 comments:

Crisp-e said...

C'mon England! We stand a real chance of winning this now. I wish the team all the best.

Sorry to hear about the tortoise. Bags on the shell!!

Sassygril said...

Euw. Crispe is the master of tact! I loved Helmut. You don't see many tortoises in the UK any longer and I used to really like seeing him au naturel in your garden. He was just wonderfully prehistoric.

Kiwi mates already getting all beyond themselves. Need a good slap.

Crisp-e said...

Sassy, I need it to match the other one. Think of it as
an old couple being buried together!

Sleepy said...

Dred.. You are a sick puppy! England were great today.

Sassy.. It was like an episode of walking with dinosaurs in the garden!
Fortunately, there aren't too many Kiwi's around here!

Schneewittchen said...

Ohmygod! Poor Helmut. This is like one of the Blue Peter pets dying -only worse. Helmut survived so many Bonfire Nights, I thought he must be immortal.
I understand Crisp-e's need for the shell though. Great teaching aid.

FABULOUS movie. Loved it.

Sassygril said...

We need to have a wake for Helmut.

Legend of the garden. Vanquisher of the lettuce.

Sleepy said...

Sassy.. That is a good idea. I'll arrange something for during the week.
Food and booze will be involved!

Sassygril said...

But no lettuce...unless we want to do a salad 'homage' kind of thing. But hey, let's celebrate his life until we are prehistoric.
He would have wanted it that way.