Sunday, October 07, 2007

Sports On Sunday

I found myself in a frightening and uncomfortable position last night.
Cheering the bloody French on against the All Blacks.
(Although, the New Zealand kit seems to prove Grey is the new Black!)
I don’t need to remind anyone of my abiding dislike and distrust of our Gallic neighbours but I’d rather England play them in the Semis!
My tactical cheering helped! The French won.
Allez les Bleus!
Crisp-e and I discussed the chance that England could actually win again.
Doing the double.
I told him I would book my trip to Australia there and then if we did.
That is a sledging you have to personally deliver.

A bizarre moment came in the boxing.
Amir Khan fighting Scott Lawson.
We’ve all seen boxing movies, the music to come out to is your fighting music.
The tune that gets you all riled up and ready to batter someone.
Scott Lawson marches out to ‘Delilah’.
Delilah?
Not a song I associate with pugilism for some reason.

Today my life has gone like this: The Archers omnibus, Chinese Grand Prix, Rugby, Football, cook the dinner, followed by more Rugby.
Some days it just all comes together!
I willed Fiji on against the South Africans, sadly it just wasn’t to be but they have done themselves proud.
Totally disappointed by Scotland.
Argentina as a Rugby playing nation just doesn’t work for me.

Working in the Pharmacy this week. Watch this space.

2 comments:

Sassygril said...

You in a pharmacy. It's akin to the wolf being locked into the sheep pen...

It just ain't christian.

Sassygril said...

BTW, Clive says NZ in a state of deep and profound shock/mourning. There is to be a national inquiry as to the performance of the ABs and I offered my services as convenor. As someone who A) knows bugger all about rugby B)is not a kiwi and is C) a girl - I would be an ideal candidate.

she says flicking her hair...