Saturday, October 20, 2007

Disaster

My day started disastrously.
While shaking the crumbs out of the toaster, I dropped the whole bastard thing in a sink full of water.
Amazingly, for the first time ever, I had unplugged it.
It’s clean and crumb free but totally banjaxed.
I was angry and bewildered at the same time.
A weird feeling.

It isn’t ending that brilliantly either.
England were beaten in the rugby.
Ho hum.
No one expected us to be in the final anyway and we were beaten by the better team.
I will not mention the Australian Official who robbed us of a try.
I will mention that the man who has been shown racing Cheetahs didn’t do any running at all.
I also found the SNCF advertising around the stadium a bit of a frigging cheek, seeing as they went on strike as soon as their team were out.

Schnee was talking about class the other day. For me, this sums it up.

Another thing that has been on my mind.
At the bottle bank what colour hole do Marmite jars go in?

I don't know if this is good news or not but according to J K Rowling, Dumbledore is gay.
Yeah, right.

3 comments:

Leigh Russell said...

Glad you unplugged the toaster! Could have been nasty... Talking of which, do you read crime fiction at all? My publisher describes my books as "seriously creepy" which I take as a compliment under the circumstances. In real life I must be the least creepy person you could wish to meet. As you're in education I thought you might be interested in a book I have coming out in the spring. One of the main characters is a teacher (like me) who's stalked by a serial killer (not like me!!)

Sleepy said...

Leigh Russell.. Welcome.
OoooH! I am a big crime fiction fan! Huge!
Let me know the name and I will invest.
Or proof read if you like.
Schnee will vouch for me!

Schneewittchen said...

Oh, Sleepy's yer women when it comes to reading and proof reading. She's the biz.

Marmite - brown glass.

JK Rowling - people give her validation. Just ignore.