Monday, October 08, 2007

Newton And Karma

Thanks to Newton we know ‘that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction’.
Today I have become acutely aware of it.
I knew there would be some payback for missing Mass and watching Sport all day yesterday.

Being of ‘mixed religion’ I try not to piss G-d off too much. I never know which one I’m going to get.
The G-d of one faith is a vengeful G-d and will smite and smote down through the generations.
The other one, although claiming to have made me in love, appears to hate me and wants me to be guilty/sorry all the time.
Ho hum.

This morning they joined forces.
I was supposed to be helping the Tame Pharmacist in the shop but was left behind.
Getting out of bed I narrowly avoided stepping in cat sick.
While making my cup of tea, water splashed out and burned my foot and the milk I put in had gone off.
Lumpy tea.
I gave the toast a miss.
I slipped in the shower and smacked my knee so hard that when I put weight on it I fell against the sink.
This is when the ‘g-ds’ double teamed me.
Falling against the sink caused my Star of David to stab me straight in the chest.
I took the hint and went to lunchtime Mass.

It was in Polish which was an excellent experience.
It’s easy to sit there and let your mind wander when it’s in your own language.
Reading the newsletter, checking if you like or even know the hymns, hoping the bloke who shouts out doesn’t sit near you etc!
When it’s in Polish, you pay attention.
You can’t drift back in to listening and immediately pick it up again.
You do it in ‘English’ in your head, even the Priest’s bits.
It makes you feel more involved somehow.
The afternoon was misfortune free.

4 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Interesting, see I'd have put money on your having somehow offended the Little People and needing to double 'shroom, still, if a Polish Mass fixes it, well, that's science and you can't beat science. Argue with it yes, that makes it stronger, but beat it - never.

Sleepy said...

Science is ok.. Physics is evil!
It is 'Stealth Maths' and if possible more incomprehensible than your 'actual' Maths.
At one point I was taught it by an ancient Nun who was always setting herself on fire and hitting us with a thing that looked like a Ping Pong bat.
We had the same lesson week after week.
I got a lot of reading done and have an aversion to Table Tennis!

Crisp-e said...

Mate that is an unfortunate, if not funny, selection of mishaps today! Sods law mornings I call em.

Sleepy said...

Dred.. The Universe was conspiring against me. BIG TIME!